Enjoy your moussaka, you may even like it more than lasagna!
View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- Cut your eggplant into 1-2 cm (1") thick slices.
- Wash and cut your broccoli and Mushrooms so that they all have a similar size and shape.
- Finely chop your onion.
- Cut and squeeze your lemon so you can use the juice later.
- Fry your eggplant slices in an oiled pan until they get lightly golden brown on each side then set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add onion, and fry at lower temperature for several minutes.
- Turn up the heat to medium and add Chickpeas and Mushrooms to your pan and fry for 5 minutes.Then add Broccoli and fry for 5 minutes.Finally, add Spinach and fry for 5 extra minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and add lemon and tahini to your pan and mix.
- Lightly cover the bottom of your oven dish with a thin layer of your vegetable sauce. Then place a layer of your fried vegetable slices on top.
- Place about 1/3 of your vegetable sauce on top and cover with another layer of your fried vegetables. Finally top you dish with a final layer of vegetable sauce.
- Cover your Moussaka with aluminum foil and bake in the oven at 200°C (400°F) for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Toast almonds on a hot and dry pan for a few minutes. Then remove from pan and set aside to use as a topping later.
- Add Almonds on top.