Roast your stuffed vegetable "boat" until the base vegetable is tender!
View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- Boil brown rice according to instructions on package.
- Cut your butternut squash in half length-wise and scoop out a channel in the center.
- Peel and cut your beetroot, carrot and shallots. All ingredients should have a similar size and shape.
- Wash and cut your kale so that they all have a similar size and shape.
- Toast walnuts on a hot and dry pan for a few minutes. Then remove from pan and set aside to use as a topping later.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add carrot and shallots, chili powder and fry at lower temperature for several minutes.
- Turn up the heat to medium and add Beetroot to your pan and fry for 10 minutes.Finally, add Kale and fry for 5 extra minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Mix beetroot, brown rice, carrot, kale, shallots and walnuts together in a bowl.
- Mix balsamic vinegar and olive oil together in a bowl, then pour on top of your vegetables and mix evenly.
- Place your vegetable mixture into your dug out base vegetable.
- Roast in the oven for about 20-30 minutes at 200°C (400°F) or until the base vegetable is tender.
- Add Walnuts on top.