The key to a perfect risotto is patience. Make sure to add small amounts of stock and wait until it is all absorbed before adding more.
View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- Wash and cut your cremini mushrooms so that they all have a similar size and shape.
- Bring your stock to a boil, so it is ready to be added to your rice a little later.
- Toast cashews on a hot and dry pan for a few minutes. Then remove from pan and set aside to use as a topping later.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add garlic, and fry at lower temperature for several minutes.
- Add your rice to the frying pan with Garlic and toast it for a few minutes (be careful not to burn it).
- For the most flavor: add a splash of wine or Balsamic Vinegar before adding your hot stock.
- Add small batches of your stock while stirring constantly. Make sure to wait until it is fully absorbed before adding more. Stop adding stock when your rice becomes al dente.
- Heat clear oil in another pan, add Cremini Mushrooms and fry for 10 minutes.Finally, add Peas and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add your cremini mushrooms and peas to your rice and mix.
- Mix coconut oil and maple syrup together in a bowl, then drizzle on top of your risotto.
- Add Cashews and Nutritional Yeast on top.