The trick to the perfect Chow Mein is to cook the noodles until they are al dente and then rinse them with cold water to stop the cooking process.
Sweet Chili Sauce
View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- Boil your noodles according to the instructions on the package and set aside about a 1/4 cup of the starchy water when draining.
- Wash and cut your green beans and Mushrooms so that they all have a similar size and shape.
- Slice your tofu into approximately 2x2cm cubes (1"x 1"). Try to ensure all pieces are roughly the same size.
- Finely chop your chili pepper and ginger.
- Cut and squeeze your lemon and lime so you can use the juice later.
- Toast cashews on a hot and dry pan for a few minutes. Then remove from pan and set aside to use as a topping later.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add chili pepper and ginger, and fry at lower temperature for several minutes.
- Turn up the heat to medium and add Mushrooms and Tofu to your pan and fry for 10 minutes.Finally, add Green Beans and Peas and fry for 5 extra minutes.
- Mix lemon, lime, soy sauce and sweet chili sauce together in a bowl, then pour into your pan.
- Add your starchy water to the frying pan and bring to a boil to thicken the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add your cooked noodles to your pan and mix until evenly coated. Serve and enjoy warm.
- Add Cashews and Lemon Zest on top.